It looks like a daring mid-air stunt or a particularly aggressive attempt at overtaking.
But this breathtaking image actually shows a common occurrence – two jets approaching the dual runways of San Francisco International Airport for parallel landings.
While it may appear that they’re close enough for the passengers to see the panic on one another’s faces through the windows, the fuselages of the planes are at least 750ft apart – and the illusion of their proximity is down to a trick of the camera lens.
Read More: @ dailymail.co.uk
Readers found more information by searching for:
- Are you sure you want a window seat? Close encounter for landing passenger jets and apparently it\s perfectly safe (1)
- Close encounter for landing passenger jets (1)
You might also like:
- Two El Al planes collide during tow at Ben-Gurion airport
- No flights until 7am: UK airport terminals deserted after giant volcanic ash cloud turns Britain into a no-fly zone
- Plane Crash Kills 96, Young Boy Survives
- Mohammed is now the most popular name for baby boys ahead of Jack and Harry
- Airline stop rabbi for ‘suspicious’ shofar