Publisher: Artisan Publishing
This multifaceted guide to Jewish baking harbors a wealth of recipes for challahs from around the world, as well as for babkas and honey cakes, bagels and matzoh, crackers and everyday breads such as deli rye. Working with bakers from Guatemala to Russia, Maggie Glezer perfected these recipes, many of which had never been written down. Recollections from Jewish grandmothers and great-grandmothers all over the world remind us of life as it once was, and riveting oral histories, ancient legends, shtetl folktales, aphorisms, and proverbs throughout will delight and inspire the baker in us all.
There is a special urgency to record, learn, and pass on culinary history if we are to preserve our traditional foods and customs. How fortunate that Maggie Glezer has taken the challenge.
This item is sold by:
Note: AllJudaica.com is owned by Rosenblum’s World of Judaica, which is one of the oldest Judaica stores in the United States. Their store has been open for over 75 years!
Readers found more information by searching for:
- bread making traditions in south america (2)
- jewish breadmaking tradition (2)
- a blessing of bread (1)
- Maggie glezer a blessing of bread (1)
- jewish traditions around the world (1)
- Jewish custom on bread (1)
- jewish bread tradition you pass to people (1)
- jewish bread information (1)
- jewish bread customs (1)
- how many american know about jewish traditions? (1)
- hear Jewish blessing of the bread (1)
- google books a blessing of bread (1)
- customs and traditions around making bread (1)
- best jewish bakers in world (1)
- ancient jewish bread making (1)
- rapidshare A Blessing of Bread: The Many Rich Traditions of Jewish Bread Baking Around the World (1)
You might also like: