A New York teenager has taught himself to speak more than 20 languages at differing levels of fluency.
Like many teenagers in Manhattan, Timothy Doner enjoys getting an after-school snack from a street vendor. Except this 17-year-old can order in Arabic or in French, Latin, ancient Greek, Mandarin, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi and more.
Doner lives in New York – an immigrant city that’s a melting pot of cultures and languages — and he speaks more than 20 of them at differing levels of fluency. Best of all is that he is largely self-taught.
The first foreign language Doner learned was Hebrew, which developed from his love of Israeli hip hop.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- Polyglot 20 languages (1)
- polyglot jewish (1)
- Timothy Doner enjoys getting an after school street vendor (1)
You might also like:
- Eliminating Hebrew from U.K. Schools Would not Spell the End of Jewish Education
- Hebrew to be Nixed as Foreign Language in U.K. Schools, Jewish Chronicle Reports
- Israel refuses citizenship for gay man married to Jewish immigrant
- New York City Water Warning
- Is ‘Yeshivish’ a Language, a Dialect Like ‘Ebonics,’ or Something Else Altogether?