Brooklyn — Councilman David Greenfield is making the community aware that over one-thousand Jewish non-profit organizations are at risk of losing their 501(C)(3) designation because of a new law that enforces the required filing of a Form 990. If an organization has not filed their “990” with the IRS within the last three years they will lose their non-profit status.
“Because this is a relatively new law, many tzedakahs may not be aware that it applies to them,” Greenfield explained.
Read More: @ yiddishnayes.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Greenfield Calls On Yeshivas To Register Parents To Vote
- Boro Park – Greenfield Took Part in the Burning of the Chametz
- Greenfield Disappointed By Massive Child Care Cuts In City’s Budget
- NYC Council members Host Emergency Meeting With Yeshiva Administrators To Try To Save Priority 7
- Greenfield Opposes Club In Flatbush Near Yeshiva