The topics of mourning and suffering are among the most salient in the writings of Rabbi Soloveitchik, both when he describes personal experiences and when he articulates his philosophy. The essays in this volume powerfully illustrate the Rav’s peerless ability to derive a Jewish understanding of both God and the human condition from biblical and halakhic sources. The Rav explores such topics as the stages of mourning, the relationship between mourning practices and the mourner’s inner experience, the contrasts between individual and communal mourning, the significance of suffering, and the importance of emotions in the Jewish world view.
This item is sold by:
Note: AllJudaica.com is owned by Rosenblum’s World of Judaica, which is one of the oldest Judaica stores in the United States. Their store has been open for over 75 years!
Direct link: http://www.alljudaica.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=4667
Readers found more information by searching for:
- jewish understanding of suffering (1)
- out of the whirlwind joseph soloveitchik online (1)
- out of the whirlwind soloveitchik (1)
- out of the whirlwind: essays on sufferring mourning and the human condition (1)
- rav soloveitchik suffering (1)
- soloveitchik out of the whirlwind (1)
- soloveitchik suffering (1)
You might also like: