New York State’s highest court has agreed to hear arguments in a case aimed at shedding light on the failed prosecution of alleged Orthodox child molester Avrohom Mondrowitz.
Mondrowitz fled to Israel following his 1984 indictment on multiple counts of sexual abuse. Alleging that the Brooklyn District Attorney’s office had bowed to pressure from the Orthodox community in failing to vigorously pursue his extradition, journalist and attorney Michael Lesher has sought documents from the DA relating to the case under the state’s Freedom of Information Law.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- Michael Lesher (1)
You might also like:
- The Orthodox Jewish battle over a N.Y. school system
- Netherlands seeking extradition of former Nazi wanted for killing Jews
- Montreal Jews fear ‘gang atmosphere’ amid rise in anti-Semitic incidents
- Enough evidence to indict Lieberman
- Supreme Court rebukes Shin Bet for ‘isolating’ alleged Jewish terrorists