Recently in my research for my current book, I learned that the great cantor Louis Danto passed away this year July 23, 2010 at age 81. Here is my recollection of the chazan extraordinaire, from a working draft of the chapter on the “performer” in my current book project.
Cantor Louis Danto was a happy Hazzan. His chanting was upbeat and peppy. I heard him often at the Atlantic Beach Jewish Center as a child and teenager in the fifties and sixties.
Read More: @ tzvee.blogspot.com
You might also like:
- Jew and the Carrot: Gil Marks Talks about his new Encyclopedia of Jewish Food
- New Books for Review on Jewish Prayer
- Yeshiva U. Professor Brian Daves says the Jewish Vote “Doesn’t matter”
- Was Abbie Hoffman Jewish and the first to say, “Sacred Cows Make the Tastiest Hamburgers”?
- 4 Things Wrong With the iPad