Seudah Mafseket or the Yom Kippur Pre-Fast meal should provide enough sustenance for the day of fasting. You can still prepare a delicious meal for Seudah Mafseket despite a few food restrictions. However, keep in mind that the meal served should be low in salt and high in carbohydrates.
- Plan your menu. Rice and potato kreplach are traditionally served on this day. Serve this along with challah. Modern Jewish families sometimes serve poultry or fish. Try serving chicken with rice and peas.
- Heavily seasoned dishes can cause dehydration so make sure that you put a conservative amount of salt and other spices into the food.
- Do not serve caffeine during Seudah Mafseket.
- Prepare foods that are easy to digest during Seudah Mafseket.
- Drink plenty of water in preparation for fasting.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- Seudah Mafseket (98)
- seudah mafseket tisha bav (22)
- seudah maphsehket (20)
- seuda mafseket (19)
- seudah mafseket tisha b\av (15)
- seudah mafseket menu (13)
- seudah mafseket tisha (11)
- Seudat Mafseket (7)
- seudah mafseket yom kippur (6)
- seudah mafseket on Shabbat (4)
- tisha bav seudah mafseket (3)
- tisha bav seudas mafsekes (2)
- yom kippur chicken with rice and peas origin (2)
- seudah hamaphsekes tisha bav (2)
- seudah mafseket av (2)
- seudah mafseket before yom kippur (2)
- seudah maphasaket (2)
- seudah mafseket menu av (2)
You might also like: