Three haredi women served up a veritable feast of culinary delights Monday afternoon, in a competition to find the most delectable dish in Israel for today’s large ultra-Orthodox families and bustling homes.
Readers of the “At Home” supplement of the haredi newspaper Mevaser were invited to submit recipes for the competition, held at the newspaper’s annual consumer fair for ultra-Orthodox women.
More than 1,500 applicants for the grand cook-off sent in their signature dishes, three of whom were selected to battle it out in Monday’s competition at the Jerusalem International Convention Center.
Ella Greenberg, Miriam Eichler and Hani Gelbstein all stepped into the large studio kitchen before a packed audience of keen haredi cooks to fry, bake and sauté their gastronomic creations.
Read More: @ jpost.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- AllJewishLinks.com Newsletter Issue # 18 February 22, 2012
- Haredi extremists versus visitors – women are not invited
- Jerusalem welcomes women back onto ads, just not in ultra-Orthodox areas
- Ultra-Orthodox women fight for right to serve in Hatzalah ambulance service
- Some 700 Haredim riot in Jerusalem after graves removed from Ashkelon ER site