Muammar Gaddafi was reported last night to be ready to quit after 41 years in power.
The dictator is said to have proposed a meeting of the Libyan parliament to agree a transition period to pave the way for him to step down, according to Al Jazeera, the Arab TV network.
His terms include immunity from criminal prosecution and a pile of cash.
The rebel interim council, based in the eastern city of Benghazi, reportedly rejected the offer because such an ‘honourable’ exit would offend Gaddafi’s victims.
Read More: @ dailymail.co.uk
You might also like:
- Palestinian killed in suspected East Jerusalem terror attack
- 9/11 families’ fury as Obama compares BP oil spill to Twin Towers attack
- Former Flight Attendant Steven Slater Looks To Cut Plea Deal
- NY synagogues bomb plot trial to begin
- The £9BILLION man: Mark Zuckerberg’s fortune set to double as Facebook raises £323m in deal