Ever since she became an orphaned 12-year-old in Russia, Liora Tamir thought she was alone in the world – having lost every single member of her family either in the Nazi Holocaust or Soviet prison camps.
That changed because of a recent search of a database of names of Holocaust victims.
Read more : @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Netherlands seeking extradition of former Nazi wanted for killing Jews
- N.J. rabbi leads Jews, Muslims on interfaith trip to Nazi concentration camps
- Yad Vashem and Google partner to preserve and share Holocaust archives
- World’s largest collection of Holocaust documents goes digital
- Jewish teacher suspended in France for teaching ‘too much’ about Holocaust