The prosecutor said in a statement he had asked the Foreign Ministry to use diplomatic channels to request a freeze on foreign assets and accounts held by Mubarak, his wife Suzanne and his two sons, Gamal and Alaa, together with their wives.
Media reports suggested the former president’s wealth may total billions of dollars and some anti-Mubarak protesters accused him of squandering the wealth of the Arab world’s most populous nation, but aides insist he has done nothing wrong.
Read More: @ reuters.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- mubarak (1)
You might also like:
- Saudi king told Obama he’d fund Mubarak if U.S. halted Egypt aid
- Mubarak remains in power, passes some authority to Suleiman
- Dozens beaten, arrested in protests against Mubarak
- Lieberman: Jerusalem is our eternal capital, it will never be divided
- UK chief rabbi: Universities failing in anti-Semitism fight