A few weeks ago, the Party for the Animals submitted a private law to the Dutch parliament to prohibit religious slaughter without stunning the animal first. The party has two seats in Parliament. This should not be surprising in a country where – according to a National Geographic study – the average dog owner prefers the relationship to his pet above that of his human partner.
Almost all ritual slaughter of an estimated two million animals in the Netherlands is performed by Muslims. The number of kosher slaughtered cows, sheep and goats is between 1,500 and 3,000. Jews, however, would be the sole victims if the law passes, as kosher slaughter does not permit prior stunning.
Read More: @ yiddishnayes.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- dutch bill again slaughter (2)
- estonia ritual slaughtering prohibition (1)
- jew ritual slaughter netherlands 2011 (1)
- netherlands jews ritual slaughter (1)
- ritual of Ducth (1)
- studies for and against ritual slaughter (1)
You might also like: