Boarding a plane without an agent to inspect or take your pass has arrived in the USA. Continental Airlines has confirmed it’s testing the procedure at a gate at its hub in Houston Intercontinental. It’s the first experiment at what’s called “self-boarding” in the U.S. In self-boarding, passengers — much like customers of the New York City subway— swipe their boarding passes at a kiosk reader at the gate. That opens a turnstile or door to the jet-bridge.
Read More: @ usatoday.com
You might also like:
- Three Passengers Pulled Off Dubai-Bound Flight
- No flights until 7am: UK airport terminals deserted after giant volcanic ash cloud turns Britain into a no-fly zone
- ‘I forgot I was in a double decker’: Bus driver tears off roof going under low bridge
- Plane Crash Kills 96, Young Boy Survives
- Haredim caught defacing non-kosher deli