Once again Priority 7 vouchers are near the end of the line.
The Bloomberg Administration mailed out letters on Friday, informing the struggling families of 2,200 children – most of them orthodox Jewish – that their subsidized childcare will end on Dec. 31, the middle of the school year.
A coalition of City Council members from Brooklyn is furious and has asked Mayor Michael Bloomberg for a meeting to get the painful decision reversed. Two members of the coalition, Councilmen David Greenfield and Steven Levin, recently staved off a City Hall attempt to end the program Nov. 26, a move that would have defied a the mayor’s prior commitment to fund the program at least through the end of 2010.
Read More: @ vosizneias.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- priority 7 (2)
- priority 7 voucher (2)
- priority 7 voucher cases (1)
- status of priority 7 vouchers (1)
- voucher priority 7 (1)
- what is priority seven voucher (1)
You might also like:
- NYC Council members Host Emergency Meeting With Yeshiva Administrators To Try To Save Priority 7
- Mayor Rejects Appeal To Restore Prority 7 Vouchers
- UTJ: Don’t interfere with haredi education
- Medvedev Seeks ‘Brutal’ Response to Terror Attacks
- Maryland – Orthodox Jewish Officer Fights Dismissal Says He Was Fired For Honoring Religious Holidays