An Israeli singer has appealed to Carla Bruni to campaign for the release of captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, who also holds French citizenship, by recording a tribute song.
Amir Benayun, a popular musician in Israel, wrote a letter to Ms Bruni asking her to record the song he wrote about the soldier’s plight.
Read More: @ thejc.com
You might also like:
- Shalit family to PM: Your refusal to free Gilad signs his death sentence
- Shalit family to protest outside weekly cabinet meetings
- Tunisia decries Israeli call for Jews to emigrate
- J Street head in Israel to lobby Knesset over group’s commitment to Israel
- Clinton asks Jewish support to free worker in Cuba