Nobody was ever too taken with the jagged design of the London 2012 logo. But not even the most one-eyed critic had thought it spelled the word ‘Zion”.
That, though, was the accusation made yesterday by Iran’s Olympic Committee, who threatened to boycott next year’s Games in protest at the supposed use of the biblical term for Israel’s capital, Jerusalem.
The Iranians sent a letter to IOC president Jacques Rogge saying: ‘(This is) definitely spawned out of some people’s racist spirit. The use of the word Zion is a very revolting act.
Read More: @ dailymail.co.uk
Readers found more information by searching for:
- london 2012 logo jewish (3)
- 2012 logo jew (2)
- iran zion 2012 jews (1)
- london 2012 logo is judaism (1)
- london 2012 logo zion jewish (1)
You might also like:
- World Jewish leader to Obama: Is U.S. committed to Israel’s security?
- Snail mail: Letter sent during WWII arrives in California 66 YEARS after it was posted
- Clinton says no second term as secretary of state
- Obama to U.S. Jews: Nothing will distance us from Israel
- Nearly 300 Congress members declare commitment to unbreakable U.S.-Israel bond