Israel told U.S. officials in 2008 it would keep Gaza’s economy “on the brink of collapse” while avoiding a humanitarian crisis, according to U.S. diplomatic cables published by a Norwegian daily on Wednesday.
Three cables cited by the Aftenposten newspaper, which has said it has all 250,000 U.S. cables leaked to WikiLeaks, showed that Israel kept the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv briefed on its internationally criticized blockade of the Gaza Strip.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- UN Security Council members urge Israel to lift Gaza siege
- Gaza flotilla crisis may disrupt 3 billion Turkey Israel trade channel
- Syrian ship carrying aid for Gaza docks in Egypt
- Iran Revolutionary Guards offer to escort Gaza-bound ships
- Israel transfers hundreds of Gaza flotilla activists to airport for deportation