A frail and elderly rabbi who leads the nation’s Syrian Jewish community from a synagogue on Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn, pleaded guilty today to using a religious charity to launder illegal cash.
Saul Kassin, 79, was among 43 rabbis and politicians apprehended during a shocking morning of arrests in July 2009 — a spectacle that was the culmination of the biggest federal sting operation ever in New Jersey.
He had vowed to fight the charges but gave that up in Trenton federal court today.
Read More: @ nypost.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- rabbi guilty (4)
- oorah eli mintz (3)
- brooklyn rabbi pleads guilty (1)
- jewish syrian community brooklyn name database (1)
- Rabbi PLEADS GUILTY 58 (1)
- Rabbis Eli Mintz (1)
- synagogue money laundering scheme (1)
- the jewish links brooklyn (1)
You might also like: