A new Israel-based 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in English, French and Arabic is to go on air on July 1, its CEO announced.
The new station, based in Tel Aviv’s seafront Jaffa district, is named i24news.
“The channel will be launched on July 1, in three languages, including the website,” Frank Melloul told the AFPnews agency.
Looking at global broadcasters Al-Jazeera and France 24, it will broadcast around the clock in English and French and five hours each day in Arabic, executives say.
Melloul said the three language services would share editorial facilities in Jaffa’s ancient port.
Read More: @ israelnationalnews.com
You might also like:
- AllJewishLinks.com Newsletter Issue # 82 – June 26, 2013
- ‘Jewish al-Jazeera’ going on the air
- Epic Holocaust film ‘Shoah’ to be screened in Iran via satellite TV
- U.S. Billionaire Ron Lauder to Launch English-Language Israeli News Site
- Jewish teacher suspended in France for teaching ‘too much’ about Holocaust