New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg says a terror threat against the city is credible but not corroborated.
U.S. officials said Thursday they were investigating a detailed al-Qaida (al-KAH’-ee-duh) car bomb plot aimed at bridges or tunnels in New York or Washington.
Bloomberg says the New York Police Department is deploying additional resources to keep residents safe ahead of the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks on Sunday. He says the city’s 9/11 observance will go ahead as planned.
Read More: @ vozisneias.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- New York, NY – City Remains Top Terrorist Target in U.S., Commish Says
- Bush to Be in NYC to Mark 10th Anniversary of 9/11
- NYPD milestone: 1st Jewish chaplain 100 years ago
- IU student missing: Parents fly from New York to search for their daughter, Lauren Spierer
- Cathie Black Appointed Head of NYC Schools