When I read Newsweek magazine’s expose of the Kabbalah Centre and its questionable foundation for a children’s school in Malawi founded with millions of dollars from Madonna, the first thing I thought about was the annual Newsweek list of the top fifty American rabbis (technically: the most “influential” rabbis).
Rabbi Yehuda Berg, the son of the controversial founder of the Kabbalah Centre, has been listed among the top five in Newsweek’s annual list each year. And each year, after the Newsweek list is published, there are those who argue that Berg isn’t even actually an ordained rabbi and doesn’t belong on the list. Some claim that he’s running a cult that is Judaism’s version of Scientology. And then there are those who believe that Berg isn’t a religious figure at all, but rather a businessman running a corporation that sells everything from red strings and holy water to books and astrology sets.
Read more : @ blog.rabbijason.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- 2011 newsweek\s top 50 rabbis (1)
- kabbalah centre named in (1)
- malawi madonna berg kabbalah (1)
- Newsweek 10 best rabbis of 2011 (1)
- newsweek 50 top rabbis 2011 (1)
- Newsweek Magazine top 50 rabbis 2011 (1)
- newsweek most influential rabbis 2011 (1)
- newsweek rabbi list 2011 top ten (1)
- the centre (1)
You might also like: