The list of Obama campaign national co-chairs released Wednesday includes several prominent Jewish supporters, including former White House chief-of-staff and current Chicago mayor Rahm Emmanuel and Penny Pritzker, heir to the Hyatt hotel dynasty.
The 35 named co-chairs also include Jewish politicians Colorado Senator Michael Bennett, Illinois Representative Jan Schakowsky and former Wisconsin senator Russ Feingold, as well as businessman Marc Benioff and Alan Solow, former chair of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations.
Solow, who was a member of Obama’s national finance committee in the 2008 race, said his new role “involves making sure that the American electorate, including the Jewish community, is aware of the president’s accomplishments during the first term.”
Read More: @ jpost.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Jews Well Represented Among Obama Campaign Chairs
- Obama to U.S. Jews: Nothing will distance us from Israel
- Obama Meets With The Conference Of Presidents Of Major American Jewish Organizations
- Jewish American leaders appeal to Castro for Alan Gross’ release
- Obama to Jewish leaders: Israel needs to create context for Mideast peace