With the tragic passing of Richard Holbrooke, the world has lost a man who devoted his life to resolving intractable conflicts; our nation has lost the premier diplomat of his era in the midst of one of his most challenging assignments as special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan; and I have lost a dear friend and long-time colleague.
It is less well known that the Jewish people have lost a great champion for justice for Holocaust survivors and for refugees the world over.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Israel, Jewish Agency launch global effort to locate property lost in Holocaust
- Noach Flug, champion of Israeli Holocaust survivors, dies at 86
- Samaria Leaders Meet MP over ‘Apartheid’ Claims
- Government Holocaust foundation looks abroad for funds
- Elan Steinberg, Leader of World Jewish Congress, Dies at 59