Assemblyman Dov Hikind (D-Brooklyn) is calling on Mayor Bloomberg to remove the Boro Park Y and Agudah Senior Centers from the list of senior centers slated for closure. An advisory sent to all senior centers from the New York City Department for the Aging (DFTA) states that unless the $25 million in federal Title XX monies are restored by the state, DFTA will be forced to close up to 110 of the 256 senior centers citywide.
In a letter to Bloomberg regarding the proposed closures of these two centers, Hikind wrote, “This is most certainly a travesty, as these centers provide vital services to the elderly, particularly Holocaust survivors, in the form of social support, hot, nutritious meals, exercise, advocacy and activities. Moreover, it is brutally unfair to target the only two centers located in Boro Park which also serve kosher meals.”
Read More: @ yiddishnayes.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- boro park blog (1)
You might also like:
- Alert: Missionary Books Being Distributed To Homes & Shuls Throughout Borough Park
- Hikind Calls Bloombergs Remarks On The Ground Zero Mosque ‘Pure Chutzpah’
- Bloomberg Needs To Withdraw Support For Ground Zero Mosque!
- City Council Approves The ‘Culver El’ Project In Boro Park
- Israel, Jewish Agency launch global effort to locate property lost in Holocaust