Former State Comptroller Alan Hevesi, who was originally going to be sentenced Monday in an influence-peddling case, has been hospitalized in Virginia.
A source tells NY1 that the 71-year-old is undergoing a routine medical procedure.
Nonetheless, he was forced to skip the appearance in State Supreme Court in Manhattan.
The judge in Hevesi’s case today transferred the task of sentencing him to another judge, after Hevesi’s defense team questioned whether the judge had a conflict of interest in the case.
Read More: @ ny1.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Analyzing the Rubashkin Sentence
- Former Federal Judge, US Attorney Call Rubashkin Life Sentence Recommendation ‘Draconian’
- Rubashkin Hospitalized For An Infection, Court Canceled For Today
- Avrum David Friesel, an ex-New Square village clerk, gets 27 months in prison
- Eichmann trial judge, Moshe Landau, dies at 99