In a new twist to the ongoing effort to secure Jonathan Pollard’s freedom, a prominent European Jewish leader has written to President Obama and asked that he commute Pollard’s sentence to time served (the full text of the letter appears below and a copy is attached).
Although the calls for clemency for Jonathan Pollard have grown louder and stronger in recent months, the letter by Viatcheslav Moshe Kantor, the President of the European Jewish Congress, is especially noteworthy, in that it sends a clear message to President Obama that European Jewry joins with Jews in the United States and Israel in their quest to see Pollard released from prison. Kantor’s letter has been has been remitted to the American mission to the European Union for President Obama’s attention.
Read More: @ yiddishnayes.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Former Congressman & Obama Confidant Asks President To Free Jonathan Pollard
- Text Of Letter From Netanyahu To Obama Regarding Pollard
- Jewish congressman to retire after 30 years
- Over 500 Religious & Communal Leaders Call On President Obama To Release Jonathan Pollard
- Former U.S. Secretary of State George Shultz Calls on Obama to Free Pollard