A key member of beleaguered city Controller John Liu’s inner circle is looking to jump ship, the Daily News has learned.
Deputy Controller Simcha Felder, his top Jewish aide, has met with Republican state Senate leaders to discuss running for a super “Jewish district” that is expected to be drawn up in Brooklyn, sources said.
“This is a very serious option,” said a source familiar with the talks.
“It’s being discussed,” added a political source close to Felder.
The idea was broached by state Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos, the insiders said. At the meeting, Felder indicated he’d be willing to change parties if the seat was created under the state’s divisive redistricting plan.
Read More: @ nydailynews.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- john liu (1)
- john liu november 30 (1)
- simcha felder leads new district (1)
- will simcha felder run for state senate (1)
You might also like:
- Dutch Commission to Study New Rules for Ritual Slaughter
- Former state senator Joseph Bruno sentenced to 2 years in prison
- Jewish candidates secure major wins in House, Senate
- Greenfield Asks State To Unite Jewish Community In Redistricting
- Could Jews become a minority in Israel? Higher Palestinian birth rates could lead to power shift in one-state solution