Officials at Ben-Gurion International Airport reported few unusual incidents after a full night in which approximately 70 planes arrived in Israel. There had been concerns that a planned “fly-in” would lead to disturbances.
The reports may indicate that the fly-in protest is on its way to fizzling out like its naval counterpart. A plan to bring a group of foreign citizens to Gaza by sea in violation of Israel’s naval blockade on Hamas failed to materialize as Greek officials refused to allow the ships to set sail.
In a single incident at the airport, two American women arrived and announced that they had come by plane as part of the “fly-in” after their plans to reach Gaza by sea had fallen through.
Read More: @ israelnationalnews.com
You might also like:
- Activists: Gaza flotilla will set sail next week
- Netanyahu: Israel will not allow flotilla to breach Gaza naval blockade
- Netanyahu: Israel has every right to stop Gaza flotilla
- Iran Revolutionary Guards offer to escort Gaza-bound ships
- Hamas official hints Israel killed Italian activist to intimidate future Gaza flotilla members