More than a million stray dogs roaming Baghdad are facing destruction. The initiative has so far led to 42,000 strays being killed in only two months. Teams of riflemen and vets are trying to thin out a rogue canine population that has reached at least 1,250,000. Numbers grew hugely after the fall of Saddam because of the lawless state of the Iraqi capital.
Read More: @ dailymail.co.uk
You might also like:
- Apple iPad sales reach one million as it flies off the shelves TWICE as fast as the iPhone
- Convicted killer gets his dying wish… execution by FIRING SQUAD after U.S. judge gives green light
- Airports ARE open but it’s total chaos across Britain as thousands of flights are cancelled today and backlog will take WEEKS to clear
- US pressure won’t alter Israeli policy on Jerusalem
- ‘Guardian angel’ hired by police to stop drivers speeding in Switzerland