United Nations envoy Angelina Jolie traveled to Turkey’s border with Syria on Friday, sharing fruit and dessert with some of the thousands of Syrian refugees who have fled their government’s bloody crackdown.
The Hollywood celebrity and goodwill ambassador for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees arrived in the Turkish province of Hatay on a private jet with boxes of toys for the refugee camps and visited one of the three refugee camps in Turkey, where nearly 10,000 Syrians have sought refuge.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Turkey summons Israeli envoy over Barak’s comments
- Turkey PM: Netanyahu has worst government in history of Israel
- South Africa to reinstate Israel envoy, after recalled over Gaza flotilla
- Gaza flotilla crisis may disrupt 3 billion Turkey Israel trade channel
- Turkey Boycotts Holocaust Conference in Jerusalem