Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has warned the Fatah party he leads that its days are numbered unless it puts its house in order. His remarks underscore the troubles facing a party in decline since the death of Yasser Arafat, its co-founder, in 2004. The movement’s weaknesses have contributed to the rise of the Islamist group Hamas, which has governed the Gaza Strip for three years.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Abbas mulls Gaza visit in bid to end Hamas rivalry, source says
- Lieberman changes policy, invites European diplomats to Gaza
- Hamas: Israel trying to extort us into releasing Shalit for free
- Netanyahu to Russia: Pressure Hamas to free Shalit
- U.S. Jewish magazine honors Goldstone for ‘upholding Jewish values’