Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday asked Russia to exert influence on Hamas to bring about the immediate release of captured Israel Defense Forces soldier Gilad Shalit. In talks with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, Netanyahu asked Moscow to take advantage of its relations with the Islamist group to push for a prisoner swap deal that would free Shalit after four years in captivity.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Russia says in talks with Iran on new nuclear plants
- Shalit family to PM: Your refusal to free Gilad signs his death sentence
- Gilad Shalit reunites with family at IDF base following return to Israel
- Hamas: Israel trying to extort us into releasing Shalit for free
- Report: Hamas leaders to discuss Shalit deal proposal in Syria