Rabbi Hersh Goldwurm
The climax of the Days of Awe is the most awesome day of all.
Yom Kippur. The Day of Atonement. The day that Jews call “The Holy Day.” The day when the Creator looks down upon His fasting, repenting, imploring children, and says, “I have forgiven.”
This book, in the tradition of the other books in the ArtScroll Holiday Series, is a selection from many sources, by several authors, each contributing nuggets that will enrich the reader in many ways:
– The Overview presents an understanding of Yom Kippur’s unique function;
– The insights provide a broad cross section of anecdotes and ideas, culled from a broad range of literature and tradition;
– The laws offer a clear and authoritative digest of the relevant halachic material;
– The liturgical section contains some of the best known Yom Kippur prayers, translated and explained.
Drawn from the rich lodes of Jewish thought and practice, the book will help the reader enter the solemnity and joy of Yom Kippur, for just as there is nothing more sobering than the realization that one’s fate hangs in the scales of Heavenly justice, so there is nothing more exhilarating than the knowledge that the Creator and Judge waits hopefully for our response to His plea, “Return to Me and I will return to you.”
We matter. We make a difference in the Divine scheme. The world needs our constructive efforts just as we need the mercy of our Maker. That is why we must repent – not only to avoid punishment, but to make ourselves and the world better.
It is the purpose of this volume to help open up the message of Yom Kippur, for if we can better understand it, we can better achieve the goals it sets forth for us.
Available in softcover
This item is sold by:
Note: AllJudaica.com is owned by Rosenblum’s World of Judaica, which is one of the oldest Judaica stores in the United States. Their store has been open for over 75 years!
You might also like:
- Schottenstein Edition Talmud Bavli – Hebrew Edition (8.75 x 12″) Hardcover
- Schottenstein Edition Talmud Bavli – Full-Size English (9″ x 12″) Hardcover
- Schottenstein Edition Talmud Bavli – English Full-Size Hardcover – 73 Volume Set
- Schottenstein Edition Talmud Bavli – Daf Yomi 73 Volume Set
- Schottenstein Edition Talmud Bavli – Daf Yomi Size English (7″ x 10″) Hardcover