For about a week, a rumor that the Whole Foods Market chain is boycotting Israeli products has been circulating in emails and on the blogosphere. On Thursday afternoon, a spokesperson for Whole Foods said that the rumor is completely false.
It’s “definitely not true,” company spokesperson Libba Letton said in a phone interview. “We have products from Israel; we have tons of kosher products.” The company’s customer service team has received “at least a couple hundred” phone calls from people – many of them Jewish – asking whether the rumor is true, Letton said.
Letton said she believes the rumor started with a blogpost by conservative blogger Debbie Schlussel late last month.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- whole foods boycott israeli products (3)
- is lipton tea a jewish (3)
- lipton tea israel (2)
- different Kosher foods (2)
- whole foods israeli goods (2)
- israel products (2)
- whole foods israeli products (2)
- whole foods boycotting israli products october 9 2011 (1)
- whole foods boycotting israeli products (1)
- whole foods boycotting israel (1)
- Whole Foods food chain boycotting Israeli goods? (1)
- whole foods and the jewish press (1)
- whole foods and israeli products (1)
- whole food market in israel (1)
- Products from Israel at Whole Foods Market The rumor that Whole Foods Market has boycotted (1)
- iswhole foods boycotting israeli products (1)
- israeli products boycott and whole foods (1)
- israeli products (1)
You might also like: