Osama Bin Laden’s deputy led U.S. troops to the Al Qaeda leader’s hideout so he could take over the terrorist group, it was claimed today.
Egyptian Ayman Al Zawahiri, who has been touted widely as the man who will succeed Bin Laden as the head of Al Qaeda, turned his back on his terrorist leader following a prolonged power struggle, according to a Saudi newspaper.
The plot to get rid of Bin Laden began when Zawahiri’s faction persuaded bin Laden to leave the protection of the tribal areas along the Afghan-Pakistan border.
Read More: @ dailymail.co.uk
You might also like:
- Abbas government welcomes bin Laden death, Hamas deplores
- Can US Offer Final Proof Of Osama’s Death?
- Al Qaeda plotters at large in UK after ‘Mumbai-style’ massacre across Europe is foiled
- 9/11 families’ fury as Obama compares BP oil spill to Twin Towers attack
- Israel, U.S. Jewish groups on alert fearing reprisal over bin Laden killing