It has been centuries since the divide between church and state has been in place but recently it seems that religion has been taking center stage in divorce courts across the United States. This time, the state has ruled that ultra-Orthodox Judaism must be followed by a pair of Catholics. Laura Derbigney, a Hispanic Catholic woman, has been placed under court order to keep Shabbat, keep kosher and live as a Hasidic Jew.
Read More: @ ynetnews.com
You might also like:
- Deri: Haredim must develop better PR
- State seeks to maintain Yigal Amir’s solitary confinement
- Emmanuel, Israel – School Fined $1,350 a Day for Discriminating Against Sephardim
- Haredi charged with burning Israeli flag on Memorial Day
- Some 700 Haredim riot in Jerusalem after graves removed from Ashkelon ER site