The United States on Tuesday condemned claims by a senior Palestinian official that the Western Wall of Jerusalem’s Temple Mount holds no significance for Jews.
Al-Mutawakil Taha, the Palestinian Authority’ deputy minister of information, had said Wednesday that the wall, regarded as Judaism’s holiest site, was part of an Islamic waqf, or religious endowment, and that only “Islamic tolerance” allowed Jews to pray there.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- PA arrests dozens of Hamas, Islamic Jihad militants in West Bank
- PA endorses ‘study’ claiming Jews have no claim to Kotel
- Jerusalem suburbs will one day be part of Palestinian capital
- Netanyahu: Hamas responsible for rockets on Eilat; we will retaliate
- Abbas: Second intifada was one of our worst mistakes