Have you been invited to a Shabbat meal? If it is your first time to have a Shabbat sleep-over, you may wonder the hows and whats of being a Shabbat guest. Here are a few tips to become a good Shabbat guest:
- It is best to inform your host ahead of time for any food restrictions you may have (special diet or food allergies).
- Never forget to bring a gift with you. You can bring a bottle of kosher wine, flowers or dessert.
- Show courtesy by arriving on time.
- Volunteer to help your host with some last minute chores.
- Do not skip davening.
- Never forget to thank your host and inform him that you enjoyed the night. Take time to call your host or send him an email to express your appreciation.
You might also like: