Mordecai M. Kaplan, Mordecai M. Kaplan, E. Kohn, and I. Eisenstein (editor)
Publisher: Behrman House
Whether at a model seder, a community seder, or a family seder, The New American Haggadah will inspire and delight participants of all ages. First developed as The New Haggadah, this Passover classic has been revised to reflect the experiences of our generation and the contributions it has made to the holiday’s message of universal freedom.
The New American Haggadah presents the Passover service, filtered through the richness of the American Jewish experience. The moving text and traditional Passover songs are supplemented with illuminating commentaries.
* An Ethiopian Jew’s account of “Operation Moses,” her own modern-day
exodus from poverty and oppression
* The memoir of a Union soldier celebrating Passover during the Civil
* Illustrations reflecting the diverse ways American Jews have enriched
the Passover message of liberation
* Songs by Debbie Friedman and Linda Hirschhorn
* Riddles to entertain children and adults alike
Gender-sensitive language with elegant translation, transliteration of the
original Hebrew text, music, and instructions for the leader combine to offer an accessible-and uniquely American-Passover seder.
Available in softcover
This item is sold by:
Note: AllJudaica.com is owned by Rosenblum’s World of Judaica, which is one of the oldest Judaica stores in the United States. Their store has been open for over 75 years!
You might also like: