NEW YORK – A group of Reform rabbis and activists has launched a campaign protesting the nomination of Rabbi Richard Jacobs as the new president of the Union for Reform Judaism, casting doubt on Jacobs’ devotion to Israel.
Ads taken out by the group in several Jewish weeklies in the United States state that Jacobs “does not represent the pro-Israel policies cherished by Reform Jews.”.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Former European leaders: Sanction Israel over settlement building
- Obama to U.S. Jews: Nothing will distance us from Israel
- Palestinian UN diplomat: Palestinians prefer peace treaty with Israel by September
- Michael Oren urges U.S. Jews to defend Israel against aggressors
- ADL lists top 10 anti-Israel groups in U.S.