President Barack Obama gave what even he described as a “Bar Mitzvah speech” at the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) Biennial on Friday afternoon. Love him or hate him, the President gave an impressive speech that earned him no less than 70 rounds of applause.
Telling the audience that his daughter Malia has been on the bar and bat mitzvah circuit, he took his daughter’s advice and gave a D’var Torah about this week’s Torah portion. Obama’s message focused on the Hebrew word “Hineini” (I Am Here) saying that like Joseph from the Torah, he is here and ready to take on challenges even if he can’t predict them all. He also dropped some other Hebrew words.
Read More: @ blog.rabbijason.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- obama bar mitzvah (2)
- malia obama bat mitzvah (2)
- obama discussing dress at bar mitzvags (1)
- obama daughter bar mitzvah (1)
- obama daughter bar mitsva (1)
- obama bar mitzvah speech (1)
- barack obama bar mitzvah speech (1)
- obama and dress for daughter at bat mitzvah (1)
- is ubama doughter jewish (1)
- barack obama daughter bar mitzvahs (1)
- rabbi sasso june 4 2012 philadelphia four women rabbis (1)
You might also like: