U.S. President Barack Obama hosted a Passover seder at the White House Monday night together with his wife Michelle and a small group of Jewish and non-Jewish staff and family. This is the third year in a row in which Obama has hosted a seder.
The tradition started in 2008 when, after a long day on the campaign trail, then-Senator Obama gathered a group of staff members for an impromptu seder in Pennsylvania.
While this year’s seder was not strictly kosher for Passover, it was “kosher style,” with a menu put together by White House staff. Among the recipes were chicken soup with matzo balls, braised beef brisket, potato kugel, carrot soufflé, and matzoh chocolate cake.
Read More : @ haaretzs.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- obama seder google image 2011 (2)
- 2008 when after a long day on the campaign trail then-Senator Obama gathered a group of staff members for an impromptu seder in Pennsylvania (1)
- Passover at the Whitehouse 2011 (1)
- passover seder in white house 2011 (1)
- seder at the whitehouse 2011 (1)
- U S President Barack Obama at the 2011 White House Passover seder (1)
You might also like: