New York City authorities said they will shut down a city bus service run by Orthodox Jews if the group doesn’t stop making women sit at the back of the bus.
The Private Transportation Corp, which operates the city’s public B110 bus under a franchise arrangement, has come under criticism following publicity about its practice of making women give up their seats in the front to promote ultra-Orthodox customs of gender separation.
New York City’s Department of Transportation spokesman Scott Gastel said the agency’s executive director Anne Koenig has asked the company to respond to the allegations and was waiting to hear back.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
You might also like:
- Scarlett Johansson endorses Jewish New York mayoral candidate
- Hikind To NYC DOT Commissioner: Listen To Reason Remove Fort Hamilton Parkway Pedestrian Islands
- Interior Department’s Top Oil and Gas Official Quits in Wake of Gulf Oil Spill
- Court to approve kosher buses
- CUNY to rescind decision withholding honor from Kushner over anti-Israel views