The number of people wounded or killed by gunfire is up citywide, sending waves of fear through some of New York’s most dangerous neighborhoods.
NYPD statistics through the first nine months of the year show the number of murders has climbed 13.2% from the same period last year. There were 341 murders at this point last year compared with 386 through Sunday, according to the most recent data available.
Read More: @ Nydailynews.com
You might also like:
- Israel commemorates terror victims
- Bill Clinton: Hillary and I are too old to be appointed to the Supreme Court
- Orthodox Man Among Dead In Connecticut Workplace Shooting spree
- Two Bronx synagogues on local list to receive grant money for protection against terrorist attacks
- Armed man spotted at North Carolina airport just as President Obama, Air Force One took off