Jewish staffers for the campaign of Moscow mayoral candidate Alexei Navalny denied reports that he praised the Holocaust.
“To my knowledge, he never made the statement attributed to him,” Maxim Katz, deputy director of the Navalny campaign for the Sept. 8 election, told JTA on Tuesday.
Katz, 29, a Moscow politician who lived in Israel for nine years, was responding to reports that circulated earlier this month that Navalny had raised a toast to the Holocaust during a recent reception in the Russian capital.
The report appeared on the European Jewish Press news website on Monday.
Leonid Volkov, the 32-year-old CEO of Navalny’s campaign and also Jewish, said the reports were “false and part of a smear campaign designed by our rivals to damage Navalny’s image precisely among reform-minded liberals who constitute a natural base of support for us.”
Read More: @ jpost.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- Israeli Gangnam Style (36)
- niall horan imagines instagram (10)
- jewish orthodox wedding dresses (9)
- rosh kodesh moon (8)
- mr horan wattpad (7)
- jewish population britain (7)
- rosh hashanah centerpieces (7)
- pictures of tallits on couples (6)
- nehemiah broken wall (6)
- worry face (6)
- paper rosette flower gifts (5)
- gifs muslims (5)
- mordecai esther story (5)
- extravagant wedding centerpiece ideas (4)
- high school royalty (4)
- jewish temple inside photos (4)
- maccabi tel aviv foot (4)
- bead keychains with names (4)
You might also like: