60 Jewish and Muslim school children cooked side by side Wednesday in Bondi’s Our Big Kitchen, a Chabad run community kitchen in Sydney, Australia.
The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies Education Secretariat coordinated the event and brought the schools together. They approached Rabbi Dovid Slavin, director of Our Big Kitchen with the idea to host the Year 5 and 6 students from the Jewish Mount Sinai College and the Muslim Arkana College – 30 from each –for a day of cooking and discussion about food and charity.
Read More: @ lubavitch.com
You might also like:
- Azerbaijani President, Israeli Dignitaries, Inaugurate New Jewish School
- California Community Celebrates a New Foundation
- Chabad-Lubavitch emissary’s Budapest house stoned during Passover Seder
- Gov. Paterson: Mosque talk should take week off to honor Jewish, Muslim holidays, 9/11 anniversary
- N.J. rabbi leads Jews, Muslims on interfaith trip to Nazi concentration camps