KABUL, Afghanistan—President Hamid Karzai lashed out at his Western backers for the second time in three days, accusing the U.S. of interfering in Afghan affairs and saying the Taliban insurgency would become a legitimate resistance movement if the meddling doesn’t stop.
Mr. Karzai, whose government is propped up by billions of dollars in Western aid and nearly 100,000 American troops fighting a deadly war against the Taliban, made the comments during a private meeting with about 60 or 70 Afghan lawmakers Saturday.
Read More: @ wsj
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- U.N. to remove Taliban from blacklist
- Taliban claim they killed US sailor, took second sailor hostage in Afghanistan as military searches
- Mullah Omar Alive and in Afghanistan
- 12 foreign troops killed on deadly Afghan day
- Taliban hang 7-year-old boy accused of being a spy, suicide bomber kills 40 at Afghanistan wedding