Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Filled with practical advice as well as history, Blu Greenberg’s book is a comprehensive guide to the joys and complexities of running a modern Jewish home. How to Run a Traditional Jewish Household is a modern, comprehensive guide covering virtually every aspect of Jewish home life. It provides practical advice on how to manage a Jewish home in the traditional way and offers fascinating accounts of the history behind the tradition. In a warm, personal style, Blu Greenberg shows that, contrary to popular belief, the home, and not the synagogue, is the most important institution in Jewish life.
Divided into three large sections–”The Jewish Way,” “Special Stages of Life,” and “Celebration and Remembering”–this book educates the uninitiated and reminds the already observant Jew of how Judaism approaches daily life. Topics include prayer, dress, holidays, food preparation, marriage, birth, death, parenthood, and many others.
This description of the modern-yet-traditional Jewish household will earn special regard among the many American Jews who are reexploring their ties to Jewish tradition. Such Jews will find this book a flexible guide that provides a knowledge of the requirements of traditional Judaism without advocating immediate and complete compliance.
How to Run a Traditional Jewish Household will also appeal to observant Jews, providing them with helpful tips on how to manage their homes and special insights into the most minute details and procedures in a traditional household.
Herself a traditional Jew, Blu Greenberg is nevertheless quite sympathetic to feminist views on the role of women in Jewish observance. How to Run a Traditional Jewish Household therefore speaks intimately to women who are struggling to reconcile their identities as modern women with their commitments to traditional Judaism.
Never has such a complete and accurate guide to running a traditional Jewish household been so accessible and sympathetic to the uninitiated. Blu Greenberg at once guides nontraditional Jews who are looking to become more observant and allows traditional Jews to fine-tune the details of their own observant home lives.
This item is sold by:
Note: AllJudaica.com is owned by Rosenblum’s World of Judaica, which is one of the oldest Judaica stores in the United States. Their store has been open for over 75 years!
Readers found more information by searching for:
- How to Run a Traditional Jewish Household (15)
- a traditional jewish home (4)
- runnning a jewish home (3)
- how to run a household (3)
- jewish stages of life (3)
- role of woman in jewish household (2)
- running a jewish home (2)
- traditional israeli home (2)
- Blu how to run a Jewish household (2)
- how to run a traditional jewish household greenberg (2)
- how to run a jewish household (2)
- traditional household store (1)
- a book for a jewish household (1)
- traditional Jewish household (1)
- traditional role of women in jewish household (1)
- womens role in a jewish household (1)
- life in a jewish household (1)
- judaism women jewish household (1)
You might also like: