One of many ways to pay respect to the death of a Jewish loved one is to plant trees in his honor. By contacting the Jewish National Fund, a tree will be planted to memorialize your loved one. JNF offers memorial certificates to honor your deceased loved one.
- Visit the Jewish National Fund website. If you already have an account, access it and use your account to request for a tree to be planted on the deceased’s honor. If not, create an EZTree account first.
- Follow the instructions online and write a personalized message on the certificate as this will be sent out to the family of the deceased.
- Price per tree is $18. You can plant as many trees as you would like to be planted.
- Fill out the form and choose whether you would like the certificate to be placed in a wooden frame or plaque.
- Go to “Certificate Type” and select “In Memory of.” Type the name of the deceased under “Tributee Name.”
- Type your personal message and your name.
- Complete your purchase by clicking “Add to Cart and Checkout .” You will also need to fill out the credit card information page, select your shipping option, and confirm your purchase.